DATASTAR: Apply Label
The task is used to apply a label to the items contained in a release control file.
Please report a problem to email@example.com if you are facing problems in making this task work. You can also share feedback about the task like, what more functionality should be added to the task, what other tasks you would like to have, at the same place.
The task can be used to apply a label to the items in the release control file or manifest. The task parameters are described in detail below. The parameters listed with a * are required parameters for the task.
- Manifest Path*: The $ prefixed version control path to manifest file (or folder containing the manifest).
- Label Name*: The name of the label - typically a string including the build id.
- Label Comment*: The comment to apply to the label.
- Label Path Scope*: The path scope of the label. This is typically set to the $ prefixed version control path for the team / project folder.
The following parameters are selectively shown under the Advanced Options:
- TFS Repository Uri: This is the URI of the TFS Server, it is not normally necessary to set this value as by default it will use the TFS system variable SYSTEM_TEAMFOUNDATIONCOLLECTIONURI.
- Bearer Token: Optional OAuth Token, if you wish to use the build pipeline OAuth token then set this to the SYSTEM_ACCESSTOKEN system variable using $(System.AccessToken).
- User Name: The TFS Web Service calls will use the TFS Agent default credentials unless a user name is specified. If the username is included you must also specify a password.
- Password: Optional password if not using default credentials. You should use a variable to encrypt the password by marking the variable as secure.
- Use Proxy Server: If this is true, this task will attempt to go through the agent web proxy, unless a different Proxy Uri is specified.
- Proxy Uri: Optional Uri for the Proxy Server, if not set it will use the agent web proxy.
- Proxy Username: Optional, specify a proxy user name unless or leave blank to use default credentials.
- Proxy Password: Optional password if not using default credentials (Use a variable to encrypt the password by marking the variable as secure).
- Fail on Standard Error: If this is true, this task will fail if any errors are written to the Standard Error stream.